Monday, May 24, 2010

Punnett Square


What color will Temple's eyeballs turn out to be?  Her mom's are hazel.  Her dad's are dark brown.  Her maternal grand mother's are hazel.  Maternal grandfather's are blue.  Paternal grandmother's are blue, I think.  Paternal grandfather's dark brown.  Right now, I'd describe Temple's as brownish blue, if that exists.  


If there are any geneticists out there, I'd appreciate a diagram and some odds.

***UPDATE, courtesy of Alexis Fabbri, Temple's auntie***


And here we have it.: 50% chance of brown, 37.5% chance of green, 12.5% chance of blue.  Thank you, Dr. Leki.
Now, can anyone tell me the odds of Temple having laser vision when neither parent has that genetic trait? 

2 comments:

  1. I think all babies have lighter eyes (and hair and all that business) when they're born so they'll darken up, if they're going to, as she gets older. What do you hope they'll be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think red or brown hair and blue eyes would be cool. I doubt that'll happen, though. I guess I'm just hoping for eyes that shoot lasers.

    ReplyDelete