Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ceci n'est pas un papa


If you are thinking about having a baby, I recommend having one with Matt.  He's the best father ever.  He and Temple have their feeding routine down.  This is a picture of the forehead to forehead burp method, developed by Matt exclusively for Temple.  He'd a diapering wizard, too, although breastfed baby poo isn't really vile.  It actually doesn't smell.  We've heard that when T starts eating real food, she'll start making real poo, and I'm sure I'll be grateful that I have the diapering wizard to take care of that.

Yesterday was rough, but we had a good night last night.  After she ate every hour and a half for 14 hours, she did one final breastfeeding, then we pumped her full of formula.  She slept for 3 hours.  At 2:00 am, we repeated the process, and she slept for another 3 hours!  Then around 6:00 am, she was all breastmilk and fussy.  Matt took charge of soothing her so mamma could get a few more hours of sleep.  I slept until 8:15 am, then again until 10:00 am.  I actually got about 8 hours last night (3 + 3 + 1 + 1.  Take that Tim Curry).  Matt's reward?  He is on a nice long walk around the neighborhood now.  I'm telling you, if you don't have a Matt, you should get one.  They are super useful, and their seed produces cute babies.  


No comments:

Post a Comment