Sunday, May 16, 2010

4 8 15 16 23 32

...But you've gotta make your own kind of music
sing your own special song,
make your own kind of music even if nobody
else sing alon
g...



Feeding a baby is like living in the hatch on Lost (I'm only on season 2, so I apologize if that plot device is no longer relevant).  Every 90 minutes, you have to feed the baby, or else.  The "or else" on the island is mysterious (to me.), but the "or else" for me is Temple crying and crabbing at us.  It's also sore boobs.

Being tethered to the baby and the breast pump has made me appreciate my iPhone.  I keep it with me all the time.  I use the timer and alarm to wake us up and to time her feeding.  I have actually been checking Facebook frequently to connect to other human beings.  I read the paper.  I check my celebrity blogs.  And Matt discovered an awesome program called Pandora Radio.  It is an internet radio station (and a free iPhone App) that personalizes the songs to your taste.  You start by creating a station with an artist or a song.  Pandora finds other similar songs or artists and plays them on your station.  If you like it, you give it the thumbs up, and Pandora will find other songs that have similar elements.  If you give it a thumbs down, Pandora will adjust what it plays for you.  It is cool as hell, a great way to find new music, and free free free.

www.pandora.com

***UPDATE***
Ok, so I'm tardy for the Pandora party.  I'm told by my cool/hip/groovy friends that Pandora peaked a couple of years ago, and there are better similar services out there.  I'm still going to use it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment