Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Breastfeeding Chic

I'm slouching on the couch, rocking my daughter with my gnarled, unpainted toe, dipping sugar cookies in jam frosting, watching daytime television, when, from the cool darkness of the bedroom, the dogs howl, and scramble down the doggy stairs from the bed to the front door, skidding across the unswept wood floor, and their deafening barks tell me that the moment I've waited for for days has come: the Fed Ex man is here.  Christmas in June.  
Since I can shop online from my phone while breastfeeding, the Fed Ex man has been stopping by nearly every day.  I bought my nursing camisoles using one click shopping on my Amazon iPhone app, and I had been wearing one or the other of them almost exclusively.  They are very convenient, but last week it occurred to me that they shouldn't really be considered clothing.  A camisole is more of an undergarment.  I decided I should start, you know, getting dressed in the morning again.  But, if I'm not just wearing a nursing cami, must I then remove my shirt every 2 hours to sit around in a bra for 45 minutes (yes, between nursing and pumping, it takes 45 minutes.).  The solution found me in one of my breastfeeding support groups: button down shirts.  I bought 2 from ModCloth.com.  This one fits now:  
And this one will fit when I lose another 5 pounds:

I also bought a pair of Nike Frees.  They are running shoes designed to feel like you are wearing no shoes at all.  So, why don't I just run in bare feet for free?  Because I'm dumb.  Please see post below.


No comments:

Post a Comment